We follow the Primary Advantage Maths programme.
We focus on developing a strong grasp of number and ability to reason and problem-solve, using the following stages of understanding:
- Concrete – using actual objects to support understanding
- Pictorial – using pictures and images to develop understanding
- Abstract – applying understanding to different problems and situations
- As part of the pictorial stage, the children learn how to use the bar model to help them solve problems
- We have an investigative approach to maths lessons where possible, allowing children to apply skills and knowledge
- Children choose from a range of tasks in lessons, enabling them to pick the correct level of challenge for themselves
For more information about doing mathematics at home, follow this link.